Hands up if you want a flat tummy just like most of us! Well, with a little hard work you can get the toned flat stomach you were wishing since the eighth grade in just 30 days. No. I am not joking!
Below you will find a list of 5 indoor exercises that will help you to get the flat tummy. Introduce these exercises in your life and have that great shaped belly you always wanted. Moreover, to get the flat tummy you need to have an active lifestyle. You just need to take out a 30 minute from your busy schedule first to walk, swim, or playing sports and stay active.
You can easily perform these exercises in your home, in any preferable location. Remember that you always start your workout with these 5 exercises. Therefore, do these for at least 1 minute and then take a break of 10 seconds in between. Repeat these 2 times in each work out session.
Table of Contents
Targeted Organ To Get A Flat Tummy
When you are trying to make your tummy toned and flat the muscle that should be your target is the rectus abdominis muscle. People who think about generating a six-pack then this is the muscle they think about.
This muscle is positioned in between the pubic bone that is present at the front of the pelvis and the ribs.
However, you can work on this muscle in three ways.
- Bring the chest towards the pelvis
- Bring the pelvis towards your chest.
- Give pressure on the muscle.
5 Indoor Exercise to Get a Flat Tummy
Belly fat is not something that we are proud of. It not only looks bad but also is a storehouse of some serious internal issues like heart disease, diabetes, etc. The belly fats are really tough to break. However, remember that if you are trying to lose the belly flab then with the workouts you will also need to eat fiber-rich foods. You need to steer clear from processed foods and trans fats.
Here, this article tells you about the best 5 Indoor Exercises to Get a Flat Tummy. These abs exercises will work effectively on your internal and external muscles and organs.
1. The Plank
Well, they say that time stops when you are trying to do the plank for the first time. It strengthens the inner core muscle as well as the upper and lower abdominal muscles of the body. Therefore, it burns way more calories than some other ab exercises like sit-ups.
How to Do This?
- Lay flat on the stomach.
- Place your forearms on the floor.
- Pressing the arms down push yourself up from the floor.
- Use your toes as support.
- Keep your head, neck, back, and legs in a straight line.
- You will feel a stretch on the stomach.
- Be like this for 1 minute.
- Increase the time with practice.
2. Boat Pose
When you are aiming for a flat and toned tummy, you should just go for the boat pose. Boat pose is technically a yoga posture named ‘Navasana’. As the name suggests, in this posture you need to keep your body in a posture like a boat. Moreover, it also helps to improve balance.
How To Do This?
- Sit on the floor and bent your knees.
- Lean back a little.
- Now take your legs up and straighten them.
- Your body should look like a V.
- Stretch your arms parallel to each other.
- Keep your stomach flat and relaxed.
- Stay like this for 45 seconds.
3. Mountain Climbing
This is a decent cardiovascular workout that engages your core muscles. You will also work your abs with this workout. Therefore, this is one of the best exercises that will help you to get a flat tummy.
How To Do This?
- Place both the hands on the floor in front of you.
- Place them in a width apart just like a push-up.
- Now pull your right leg forward using your toes to push off.
- Extend your left leg in the back.
- Bring back the right leg in the first position again.
- Pull your left leg in the same way.
- Alternatively, do this with both legs for the desired number of repeats.
- Do not move your upper body during this workout.
4. Bicycle Crunch
Well, the bicycle crunch is one of the most effective exercises you can perform in your home. Moreover, this is an exercise that works with all the major and core abdominal muscles of the body.
How To Do This?
- Lie flat on your back.
- Place your palm just beneath your head.
- Now lift your legs in the 90-degree angle.
- Keep the right hand on the head.
- Twist your body and bring the right elbow towards the left knee.
- Slowly go back to the first position.
- Do the same with the left hand and right knee.
- Perform 30 reps.
- Take a 10 seconds rest.
- Go again.
Well, to get a flat stomach you not only perform some ab exercises. So, with these ab exercises, you can also perform some cardiovascular workouts. Moreover, skipping is an excellent form of cardiovascular workout that can be performed indoors. You just need to follow the correct techniques and you will get the desired fitness with the help of skipping.
How To Do This?
- Get the skipping rope.
- You just need to lift your feet off the ground when the rope passes.
- Always ensure that the heels do not touch the floor
- Do not move your whole arm while exercising.
- Just turn the ropes with your wrists only.
- Do this exercise for 5 minutes.
- Take a rest for 10 seconds.
- Repeat for 5 minutes.
These ab exercises will work on your transverse abdominal muscle and also on your inner and outer obliques. You need to understand that to get a flat tummy you need to include all the cardiovascular and abs workout in your daily workout routine. It will help you out to burn calories and also lose weight. Perform these exercises, which are ideal as indoor workouts. The best part about these workouts is you do not need any other pieces of equipment or anything. You will just need your own body and will to get a flat tummy.
For additional tips on how to lose that belly check out this ultimate guide to getting fit.