A healthy drink to quench your thirst in summer, that is free of preservatives, easy to make, and cholesterol free. Also, helps in weight loss because of the combination of basil seeds and lemon juice.
Basil seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition and packed with immunity-boosting properties like improve digestive health, aid in weight loss, regulating blood sugar, cooling the body, relieving stress, reducing inflammation and preventing certain infections.
Whereas Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium, which help prevent free-radicals (responsible for early ageing).
All-in-all a perfect opportunity to kick that soda out of your fridge 😉
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|5 mins||10 mins||4 people|
- Jaggery – 500 gms (Small cubes or grated)
- Water – 500 ml
- Basil Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mint Leaves – A few to garnish
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Take a large steel bowl, soak jaggery cubes in water for 5-6 hours till the jaggery melts. Add more water if required to adjust the sweetness.
- Strain the mixture through a seive and add lemon juice, mint leaves and basil seeds (soaked in water for 5 mins, once done these seeds will appear sticky). Give this mixture a good stir and adjust the taste before serving.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled as a refreshing drink.
You may also like this healthy and refreshing Rose and Mint Cooler Recipe