Cooking is enjoyable, but it might be a nightmare if you do not have an idea of how to go about it. It gets even more complicated when you have to cook a vegan diet. However, by following some simple recipes, you can make yourself an easy vegan meal that you will enjoy.
Being vegan does not mean that you have to endure blunt and tasteless food. On the contrary, there are delicious vegan dishes. There is more good news. You do not have to be an expert chef to prepare these sumptuous vegan meals. There are easy plant-based recipes that you can follow to prepare these meals. If you want to know how you can become an expert in preparing vegan meals using simple recipes, then you are in luck since that is what this post is all about.
As you will realize, just like regular food, you will need to bring together different veggies to come up with that perfect meal. A hand mixer can help you in mixing the ingredients when preparing the meals.
Well, let us now get into the nitty grittiest.
Table of Contents
- 1. Vegetarian Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 2. Grain-Free Breakfast Burrito
- 3. Avocado Crisp Breads
- 4. Veggie Burger
- 5. Vegetarian Rice Bowl
1. Vegetarian Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
To kick us off this informative post on easy vegan recipes is the vegetarian spice meal. This meal is a favorite of many vegetarians because it is not only sweet, but you will only need 5 minutes to prepare.
- One cup of milk (non-dairy)
- 2/3 cup of oaks rolled in a large flake
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree. Do not use pumpkin pie filling
- ¼ cup of pitted and chopped dates
- Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
- Pumpkin pie spice- ½ teaspoon
- You might add maple syrup – 1 teaspoon
- You can also add pecans – a handful
- Pour everything into a pot and place it over medium heat. However, do not add the pecans and maple syrup as yet.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes or thereabout as you stir. At this time, most of the liquid will have been absorbed, and the oatmeal will thicken.
- If you have the syrup and pecans, then you can add them at this step.
- Your oatmeal is now ready, and you can enjoy your meal.
2. Grain-Free Breakfast Burrito
Burrito is one of the best vegan keto recipes and packs a lot of energy.
- Canola oil- 1 teaspoon
- ½ diced white onion
- ½ diced red pepper
- Seasoning of your liking or you can get a packet of hot taco
- Eggs- 3 large ones
- Rinsed and drained black beans – one 15 ½ Oz can
- Cassava flour wraps – 6
- Shredded cheddar cheese – ¼
- Hot sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Cooking spray
- Heat canola oil in a pan and cook the onions and bell pepper in medium heat for about 3 minutes. Once the onions and bell peppers become soft, pour in the taco seasoning. Give it a stir and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Coat a separate pan with cooking spray and whisk the three eggs into a scramble on medium heat.
- Heat both sides of the cassava wraps for a few seconds. To bring the dish together, lay the cassava wrap at the bottom, then the scrambled egg, black beans, and top up your meal with cheese and hot sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
3. Avocado Crisp Breads
- Thin rye crispbreads – 4
- Ripe avocado – 1 small
- Thinly sliced radishes – 2
- Any fresh herbs of your liking
- Cut the avocado to remove the pit. Then slice or mash the avocados.
- Then lay the thin pieces of the avocado on the crispbread – one on top of the other.
- Place the sliced radishes or any other vegetable of your choice on top of the avocado
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
4. Veggie Burger
The fourth item on our list of vegan recipes is the veggie burger. Here is the recipe to this delicious meal.
- Veggie burger patty (Field Roast) – 1
- A thick slice tomato
- Thin slices of red onion – 3
- A quarter sliced avocado
- Canola oil – 1 tsp.
- One egg (large)
- Black pepper- freshly ground
- Parsley (fresh)
- Heat a medium-sized skillet and drizzle canola oil and cook the burger patty on both sides over medium heat for about three minutes.
- In a separate pan, half-fry the egg over medium fire.
- Assemble the burger, place the tomato slice on the plate then put the onion, avocado slice, and the veggie patty on top of it.
- Add the egg to the burger as a topping. Season it with freshly ground black pepper and parsley.
5. Vegetarian Rice Bowl
The vegetable rice bowl is one of the most elegant vegan dinner recipes.
- Instant rice – 1 package
- Mixed veggies pouch
- Soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- 1 egg
- Add butter in a skillet and stir-fry the vegetables with 1 tsp soy sauce. Then add rice and water to it and cook well.
- In a separate pan, fry the egg using butter.
- Add the rice and vegetables in a bowl and top up the dish with the egg.
Vegan cuisines are very healthy. However, it becomes a big challenge for vegetarians to come up with that perfect dish. However, we have provided you with five recipes, which will ensure that your cooking improves significantly.
Would you try out the recipes above? Leave a comment below to let us know what you think.